Saturday, July 30, 2011

Kdrama: City Hunter Review

So I am a TOTAL FAN of Lee Min Ho. And a TOTAL FAN of Korean Dramas. Loved Lee Min Ho's acting ever since I watched the Korean Drama, Boys Over Flowers or Boys Before Flowers, with him as Gu Jun Pyo. Anyways, back to City Hunter. His new drama ,City Hunter, is AMAZING. Lee Min Ho's character in this drama is Lee Yun Seong. It is really suspenseful and it shows a different side of Lee Min Ho. *SPOILER ALERT* for City Hunter.

For people that have watched City Hunter, you've got to admit that once you start it, you're GLUED to it. I started it, and it was just like a book, where you just can't put the book down, but in this case, a Korean Drama.  Every Wednesday & Thursday for about 2 months (May 25 - July 28), I would just sit at my computer and just wait for people to upload it on YouTube. Of course, I don't understand korean, so I have to wait another EXTRA day for the english subtitles to come out. It all adds up to about 267 hours of waiting.

So recently the last episode came out. I was already sad that the drama was ending. But to add onto that sadness, the ending wasn't what I expected either. I was looking for a satisfying end to this wonderful drama, but what I got out of it was the opposite. It was an okay ending, not that brilliant but not really that bad either. It was kind of as if the writer of this drama was like, "It's the end, I'm done writing, my work is done, let's just give the viewers a lousy ending." But I shall not blame the writer because the other 19 episodes of this drama were incredible and kept me dying to watch until the last episode. The ending was also pretty vague in my opinion. There were a lot of loose ends at the end. For example, what happened to the ring that Lee Yun Seong's mother gave him? Maybe the writer wanted the viewers to have their own interpretation of what happen at the end. Everyone was looking forward to a bit more of the MinMin couple, but there wasn't much of that. They were just standing there and smiling at each other at the last scene. Like seriously, just standing and smiling. Interesting ending eh?  Skip to 2:25 to see the 360 degree filmed MinMin couple smile to each other. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pt0xpFvHx3I

But I'm happy that everything ends "well", and Lee Yun Seong doesn't die. But I was sad that the persecutor died. He shouldn't of died even though I hated him for about 18 episodes. And to be honest, I don't really think Lee Jin Pyo should of died. These are all my opinions, and maybe if there wasn't death in this drama, then it wouldn't be as suspenseful and called City Hunter.

Overall I really enjoyed this drama. And I recommend it to everyone who is a Korean Drama lover, a Lee Min Ho fan, a person who is bored, etc. For a quick synopsis: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/City_Hunter_(TV_series)
If you want to watch it, YouTube has all the episodes with english subtitles.



~My World

(photos credited to all their owners)
P.S. Please comment. I really want to know about other people's views and opinions of the last episode of City Hunter or the drama as a whole.

Labels: , , , , , , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home